2G Cellular Networks
For mobile network operators to gain the business advantages of satellite backhaul in 2G networks, the satellite solution needs to:
- Optimize space segment usage – a key recurring cost
- In addition, fully integrate with cellular Base Stations vendors to optimize Jitter, delay, and Synchronization between the Base Transceiver Station (BTS) and the BSC (Base Station Controller).
- Moreover, integrates easily into complex mobile networks, with multiple standards.
ASAT™ Ultimate Series VSAT System: 2G Backhaul Solutions
Moreover, SpaceBridge ASAT™ VSAT Hubs and satellite terminals (U7780 and U7800) integrate 2G cellular networks optimized modems to provide an end-to-end satellite networking solution that reduces the costs for deployment and operation.
The SpaceBridge ASAT ™ system is perfectly suited for:
- Extending Cellular and Wireless coverage into ex-urban, rural or remote areas
- Backup of terrestrial backhaul links
- Disaster Recovery and special event capacity
- Also, delivering extra capacity for peak-hour traffic overflow. For example, to offload overflow traffic off saturated microwave backhaul paths.
In addition, for 2G cellular networks backhaul, the SpaceBridge U7780, and U7800 VSAT modems integrate optimization to maximize backhaul bandwidth in a cost-effective package. Moreover, it also enables full synchronization between the BSC and the BTS.