We are currently seeking a Verification and Validation Engineer to join our team in Montreal, QC. In this position, the incumbent plays a crucial role in the product development process and contributes to bringing product quality upstream to ensure releases are meeting specifications. He or she is responsible of designing and executing test cases and will also develop automation tests to help improve the test stations.
- Interact with system, software and hardware development teams, product owners and other stakeholders to develop a strong understanding of the product and the testing objectives.
- Participate in design reviews and ensure design requirements are testable.
- Design and document test cases covering low to complex systems.
- Design and maintain the testing environment.
- Develop and run automated scripts for both functionality and performance testing of the product(s), and to help the development teams in their efforts.
- Troubleshoot test failures and analyze root causes.
- Communicate and document critical issues and status updates in a timely manner.
Skills & Qualifications
- Bachelor’s Degree in Networking, Telecommunication, Electronics, Computer, or IT engineering
- Minimum 2 years’ experience in a verification and validation role.
- Strong Lab R&D with equipment Integration capabilities.
- Familiar with R&D concepts and capable of working with test tools and in the lab environment.
- Self-motivated, Self-trained and enthusiastic for research and invention, who can work with minimal supervision.
- Strong technical writing and presentation skills.
- Good interpersonal and communication skills in English, strong command of French is a definite asset.
- Familiar working in an agile environment and with software project management tools (Jira).
- Solid experience in test automation and continuous integration.
- Solid experience in functional and performance testing.
- Various IP networking aspects (network/transport protocols, Quality of Service, etc).
- Network technologies such as TCP/IP, Routing (RIP, OSPF, BGP), MPLS, GRE, IPSec, VoIP (SIP, H323), 802.1PQ, STP, Cisco devices and firmware.
- Experience with network management systems and database manipulation.
- Well versed in a Linux OS environment.
- Familiarity with satellite communication systems at the physical layer (transmission/reception, antennas, modulation/coding, propagation etc), and link layer (resource management/control, address resolution, signaling). Knowledge of DVB-RCS/RCS2, DVB-S2/S2X standards is a definite asset.