SpaceBridge Inc. is currently seeking a System Design Engineer, majoring in Physical and Datalink layers, who will join a new “start-up like” effort in a cutting edge emerging technology and be part of a multi-national team of highly qualified, dedicated individuals focusing on developing a technology that will become a game-changer in satellite communication networks.
The incumbent shall develop detailed knowledge about Satellite baseband and telecommunication systems with the focus of Physical and datalink layers. He/ She shall be able to picture the logical correlation between various hardware/Software layers and functions. The incumbent will be improvising the system through creative designs, research and integration activities.
How will you contribute?
- Develop strong understanding of Satellite communication systems at the physical layer (transmission/reception, antennas, modulation/coding, propagation etc.), and link layer (resource management/control, address resolution, signaling, encapsulation …). Understanding of satellite mobility requirements.
- Perform R&D tasks to improve his/her capabilities in a real environment and understanding about the system, and to improve the system and provide accurate feedback to developers at the same time.
- Participate in design review meetings. Do high-level design and detailed system design
- Create a functional description of the systems and allocate the various requirements to the different groups (hardware / software) and components;
- Review developed documentation and validate compliance with system requirements.
- Work in collaboration with the Verification and Validation group to plan proper validation of the requirements to ensure appropriate system performance
- Propose new methods, tools and ideas to improve the system engineering process and practices.
- Develop system-level simulations using Matlab.
SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS:
- Bachelor of Electrical Engineering or any related field, Masters is an asset.
- Minimum 2-3 years’ of experience in communication systems engineering/designs.
- Knowledge of DVB-RCS/RCS2, DVB-S2/S2X standards is an asset. Familiarity with the behavior of network protocols in a satellite network environment (latency, jitter)
- Knowledge of RF engineering.
- Familiarity with various IP networking aspects, network/transport protocols.
- Knowledge of cisco routing and switching is an asset.
- Knowledge Performance enhancement protocols [PEP], Quality of Service [QoS] is an asset.
- Ability to work in a telecommunication lab with strong R&D and Integration enthusiasm and capability.
- Proficient in MATLAB to perform modeling and analysis of communications systems.
- Familiarity with advanced wireless networks such as 5G.
- Ability to summarize complex problems, solutions, and recommendations.
- Strive for continuous improvement of products and systems.
- Self-motivated, Self-trained and enthusiastic for research and invention, who can work with minimal supervision.
- Must be a team player.
- Strong technical writing and presentation skills.
- Good interpersonal and communication skills in English.
- Any knowledge/experience of new cutting-edge technologies related to communication systems and IT (such as IoT, Artificial intelligence, Machine Learning, 3G, LTE, 5G, Wifi) shall be highly valued.