Mobile Network Operators (MNOs) around the world looking to extend new and advanced services face both challenges and opportunities. Challenges include:
- Cost-effectively launching and delivering broadband and next-gen services, 4G/LTE/ 5G, etc.
- Extending networks to ex-urban, rural, remote, and low-density regions, delivering QoS and making business cases work for low density, low ARPU, and small-cell regions.
- Upgrading and expanding to Edge opportunities.
Satellite Solutions Built for Mobile Operators
SpaceBridge provides networking technologies that can address the spectrum of end-to-end satellite backhaul network solutions required by operators for:
- Remote, rural and ex-urban Base Station-to-Network Backhauling – from to 2G, to 3G, 4G/LTE Networks, and transition to emerging 5G/MEC requirements
- Reliable satellite Backup of terrestrial networks
- Traffic overflow capacity to supplement terrestrial backhaul
- Disaster Recovery networks via rapidly deployable satellite backhaul solutions
Intelligent Backhaul Optimization and Acceleration Solutions
SpaceBridge offers a family of integrated Satellite modems with performance and Networking features built to meet the needs of mobile operators, from 2G systems backhauling to transitioning to 5G.
Our 2G/3G/4G/LTE Intelligent Backhaul Optimization and Acceleration solutions maximize performance of satellite links, while giving operators performance, scalability, flexibility and efficiency-savings.
ASAT™ Ultimate Series VSAT System
SpaceBridge ASAT ™ VSAT Hubs and satellite terminals integrate our modems and routers to provide an end-to-end satellite networking solution that reduces the costs for deployment and operation. The SpaceBridge ASAT TM system is perfectly suited for:
- Extending Cellular and Wireless coverage into ex-urban, rural or remote areas
- Backup of terrestrial backhaul links
- Disaster Recovery and special event capacity
- Delivering extra capacity for peak-hour traffic overflow, for example, to offload overflow traffic off saturated microwave backhaul paths.
ASAT TM offers a superior satellite backhaul network solution for meeting key challenges faced by rural networks, where an affordable solution is essential due to lower ARPUs (average revenue per user).
Top-notch 2G, 3G and 4G / LTE Optimization logic is at the heart of the SpaceBridge ASAT TM cellular backhaul solution, offering MNOs the highest level of savings, scalability and flexibility.
This Optimization logic and software technology from our industry-leading partners is integrated into both our ASAT TM System VSAT HUb and Modem Routers to maximize end-to-end satellite network performance.
Maximizing Satellite Efficiency: the WaveSwitch™ Advantage
The SpaceBridge WaveSwitch™ is designed to address the challenge of delivering end-user Quality of Service (QOS) in heavily or fully-subscribed cellular networks during peak traffic, while dramatically saving satellite costs. By dynamically switching between SCPC and MF-TDMA real time waveforms and multiple access methods, SpaceBridge WaveSwitchTM optimizes satellite capacity usage – saving costs.
By reducing the cost of ownership, SpaceBridge’s WaveSwitchTM allows business cases to close at lower thresholds than ever before. With SpaceBridge solutions, Internet service providers and mobile network operators can achieve high-ROI savings in backhaul OPEX. You can do this while building a software-defined network (SDN) architecture that includes future migration to LTE backhaul services or traffic offload.
Since the introduction of our Cellular backhaul solution introduction in 2004, the customer base for Spacebridge’s cellular backhaul product family has grown exponentially, and includes major customers such as: Telefonica, Claro -America Movil, Telkomsel, Entel and others.
New bandwidth efficiencies such as High Throughput Satellite (HTS) systems have recently changed the economics. MNOs can now leverage these improvements in order to extend network coverage further than ever before into rural and remote markets.
Optimized Cellular backhauling over Satellite Network for legacy and future cellular network generations
SpaceBridge provides networking technologies that can address the spectrum of end-to-end satellite backhaul network solutions required by MNO's
Benefits & Features
End to end satellite bandwidth efficient, holistic support of: 3G, 4G & MEC Cellular backhauling networks
- 3G lub/ 4G GTP acceleration and optimization techniques maximize satellite bandwidth efficiency
- WaveSwitch technology - dynamic switching method of allocating either SCPC or MF-TDMA or ASCPC real time waveform
- Capacity based on real application aware technique
- Multi vendors BTS, NodeB, eNodeB, deployment and Integration
- Optimize space segment usage – a key recurring cost
- Backup terrestrial broadband links
- Special event or “surge capacity” serving COW’s Cellular On Wheals
- Extra capacity for Peak hour traffic, alleviate and avoid temporary traffic overload on microwave backhaul paths.
Cellular Backhaul Solution DescriptionReview
U7780 – ASAT™ System Professional MF-TDMA Satellite ModemReview
U7800 – Standalone / ASAT™ System Dual Waveform Satellite ModemReview
Success Story - Claro Chile CBH 3-4GReview
Success Story - Claro Argentina CBHReview
Success Story - CBH BrazilReview