SCPC, Trunks and Broadcasting
For trunking and broadcast applications that cannot tolerate shared satellite bandwidth between sites or stations and need dedicated bandwidth, Single Channel Per Carrier (SCPC) satellite links can be required. Examples include long-distance “trunks”, internet extension circuits to key global Points of Presence (PoPs), backup circuits for “low availability” fiber or other mission-critical links, as well as DTH TV channel broadcasting.
SpaceBridge provides high-performance Single Channel Per Carrier (SCPC) satellite modems and modulators, suitable for a variety of satellite applications, including:
- Broadcast — Distribution, Contribution, SNG
- Internet — extension circuits to key global Points of Presence (PoPs),
- Backup circuits —for “low availability” fiber or other mission-critical links
- Private & Defense circuits
SpaceBridge offers a product family of innovative field-proven SCPC Modems including the AMT30, AMT75, and AMT75E. SpaceBridge modems leverage advanced modulation and waveform technologies initially employed to meet extremely challenging wireless defense network requirements and to comply with rigorous military specifications.
Low Rate SCPC Modem – Flexible and Legacy SATCOM Interfaces
For low-speed carriers in the 16 kbps to 10 Mbps range with specific requirements, the SpaceBridge AMT30 modem series offers high flexibility in interfaces or transmit / receive combinations from single mod / demod to multiple transmit or receive in a single box. Featuring Intermediate Frequency (IF) or L-Band inputs for legacy interfaces, also FEC compliant. M&C plus IP data interfaces and data port provide operators ease-of-use and implementation in a cost-effective package.
Broadcasters can take advantage of SpaceBridge modem technology performance advantages, software-upgradeable flexibility and flexible interfaces. SpaceBridge’s offers a High-Speed Broadcast Modem, Satellite Broadcast Modulator and Demodulator.
The SpaceBridge AMT 75E DVB-S/S2 High Speed Broadcast Modem is a multi-purpose High Speed Satellite modem, flexible to support a variety of applications, and ideal for:
- Video distribution
- Video contribution
- IP backbone and cable restoration
- Primary Distribution of terrestrial networks
- IP backhaul / trunks
- Corporate two-way networks.
Future-safe Software Defined Radio (SDR) features ensure unrivaled flexibility to add improvements by FirmWare upgrades.
For broadcasting, the AMT75 offers are flexible choice of data interfaces.
The SBD75E / SBR75 Receiver is designed for professional reception and forwarding of transmission over Satellite DVB-S/S2 links. A 1RU chassis supports up to 3 receivers with optional redundant formation.
Receives digital television signals and/or high-speed data (IP) for digital TV distribution/contribution and digital satellite news gathering (DSNG).
The SBD75E receiver can de-aggregate, remap and duplicate MPEG Transport Streams. Client nodes are connected via ASI and/or 100Base-T interfaces
SCPC and Trunking Professional Modems and Modulators
SpaceBridge provides high-performance Single Channel Per Carrier (SCPC) satellite modems and modulators, suitable for Trunking and Broadcasting applications
Benefits & Features
- Direct Sequence Spread Spectrum (DSSS) spreading for low profile SOTM integration
- Two Way Modems and One Way Modulator and Demodulatores
- Designed based on Defense Satellite Communications Systems (DSCS) of tactical terminals.
- DVBS2 / DVBS2X GSE GSE encapsulation and down to 5% Roll off
- Data Rates 4kbps – 155Mbps in 1bps steps
- Intelsat Viterbi, Reed Solomon, Turbo, or LDPC Coding, Intelsat and OM-73 (V)/G scrambling
- AES 128/256 encryption
- Broadcast : Distribution, Contribution, SNG
- Internet extension circuits to key global Points of Presence (PoPs),
- Backup circuits for “low availability” fiber or other mission-critical links
- Private & Defense circuits
- Support of Satellite On the Move various applications from UAV to UGV and Marine vessels
- Supporting all legacy as well as new industry protocols and coding