E-Education | Connected classrooms | Distance Learning | E-Learning | Learning Management Systems | E-Classrooms.
Educational systems can include thousands of schools in a given region or country, and even as many as a million schools in some of the world’s largest countries. Thus, e-education systems provide scale and efficiency, compared to traditional book-learning, for delivering uniform educational content to these large numbers of schools and classrooms. Therefore, satellite-delivered e-education is helping educational systems successfully educate students in rural and remote communities in many countries around the world.
Benefits of e-education
- Satellite broadband is an advantageous medium for delivering multimedia e-learning applications to rural classrooms, and systems with many geographically dispersed classrooms.
- Satellites can efficiently broadcast live classes, and multicast non-live content such as videos, e-books, and presentations, for download and later viewing On-Demand— to a virtually unlimited number of sites within the satellite footprint’s line of sight with no increase in bandwidth cost as the number of sites grows.
- All that is needed at a school or learning facility is a low-cost satellite dish and terminal in order to provide connectivity.
SpaceBridge ASAT™ system is built to power the delivery of terrestrial-quality, high-speed satellite Internet access in rural areas. It can deliver reliable, cost-efficient broadband communications to even the most remote rural schools via satellite.
Our product family of Compact VSAT terminals, such as the affordable E7000 or C7700 Desktop router can help rural “digital divide” networks connect remote schools.
VSAT networks using this platform can deliver E-classroom content and tools such as:
- Live instruction broadcasts
- Video lessons/lecture libraries and materials
- Interactive video conferencing
- e-textbook and class materials
- Computer-based training and self-paced learning applications
Thus, the SpaceBridge E7000 VSAT router is an easy-to-deploy user terminal. It can connect to a school learning management system. It also allows students and classrooms to download and consume interactive content. This includes video-on-demand libraries of offline lessons and lectures, instructional videos, and footage.
Rural Wi-Fi Hotspot / Wireless Backhaul
Additionally, ASAT™ terminals, or the SpaceBridge E7000 Compact Enterprise-class Desktop Router, can establish private data and broadband Internet connectivity for Wi-Fi backhaul, administration, and classroom applications. For example, this product can be used for large campuses. Our systems and terminals can scale up easily to handle large numbers of mobile smartphones, handset devices, tablets, or PCs accessing the Internet. Therefore, these can either be in the same location or distributed over wireless Wi-Fi communications.
Bandwidth Efficiency for Educational Networks: WaveSwitch™
Furthermore, WaveSwitch™ technology from SpaceBridge offers unique advantages for “throughput-hungry” satellite-learning/education sector applications. Some examples are two-way video, high-speed downloads, and Wi-Fi Hotspots. Thus, with WaveSwitch™, “always-online” terminals can be set to only consume bandwidth when traffic priorities require it — minimizing expensive satellite bandwidth consumption.