SpaceBridge Inc. is currently looking for a Linux Embedded Software Engineer to join our team in Montreal, QC. In this position, the incumbent works as part of a team involved in the development of embedded software for satellite return link subsystems, satellite modems, and integrated satellite hub communication equipment. The chosen candidate will be required to work on new and innovative products in the field of Satellite Communications.
- Design innovative products in the IP networking domain
- Real-time design and development for embedded software programming
- Software development for test and verification.
- Analysis and performance optimization for communication software.
- Embedded software architectural design
- Development of s/w applications for test and verification
- Work with other engineering disciplines to develop techniques to identify problems to root cause and resolve quickly.
- Breakdown assignments into tasks, estimate the time for each task and keep them within the resulting schedule
- Create competitive and cost effective products
- Provide customer support
SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or relevant field
- Minimum 5 years of experience in the development of embedded real-time software
- Proven experience with Programming Languages/Operating Systems: C, C++, LINUX
- Experience with other operating systems is considered a plus
- Ability to work very well in a team environment and independently
- Experience in design of Satellite Ground segment based Hubs, Terminals, Modems and Routers and associated equipment is of particular interest.
- Knowledge of DVB-RCS and satellite communications a definite asset
- Experience with the use of JTAG debuggers, oscilloscopes, logic analyzers and spectrum analyzers are also an asset
- Ability to describe successfully completed hardware implementations.
- Demonstrated troubleshooting skills.
- Good documentation, communication, organizational skills