SpaceBridge is currently looking for a Financial Analyst to join their team in Montreal, QC. While reporting to the Director of Finance, the Financial Analyst will provide sound business analysis to the leadership team.
- Provide financial and strategic analysis to the leadership team, by developing budgets, rolling forecasts, long-term growth models, and ROI and trend analysis.
- Prepare, analyze and report month-end results (budgets vs actuals) to functional teams and to Senior Management.
- Improve the product costing system to ensure that the profitability of each product and product line is adequately monitored. This will include the development of systems and methodologies to support proposals and new contract quotes in real-time, including the FX effects
- Validate balances for the financial statements for all the individual divisions and explain deviations.
- Responsible for P&L analysis to maximize Gross Profit by product/customer/region/mix.
- Conducting other variance analyses (i.e. volume variance, inventory revaluation, plant variances, inventory to GL).
- Identifying and implementing process improvement initiatives and establishing best practices to enhance the level of analytics.
- Production costing analyses based on BoM, labor, and overhead allocation.
- Reconcile the Inventory to the GL.
- Calculate inventory provisions.
- Verify balances in other GL accounts as needed.
- Support information required for Audits/consultants.
- Generate ad hoc reports and various other projects as needed.
- Responsible for preparing funding reports.
SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS
- University Degree in Business/Accounting/Finance
- Possess an accounting designation (CPA, CA, or CPA, CMA) – preferred;
- Minimum 5 years of progressive finance and business experience
- Positive attitude and team spirit
- Proven analytical capabilities and strong problem-solving skills
- Strong knowledge of product cost modeling
- Excellent planning and organizational skills with the ability to manage multiple projects
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to build relationships and champion your ideas
- Experience in Hi-tech manufacturing environment preferred
- Advanced user of Excel
- Knowledge of MAX or other ERP/MRP