We are currently seeking a Procurement Specialist to join our team. The successful candidate will be responsible for researching and negotiating the best deals for our organization, managing supplier relationships, and ensuring that all procurement processes are compliant with company policies. The ideal candidate will have excellent communication and negotiation skills, a strong understanding of procurement principles, and the ability to work independently and efficiently.
- Manages activities related to the purchase of material, material control, inventory control, shipping/receiving and stores function.
- Monitor supplier performance and ensure that contractual agreements are met
- Analyze market trends and research the best products and suppliers in terms of best value, delivery schedules, and quality.
- Performs price analysis as needed.
- Interfaces with technical and management personnel regarding possible changes in material, quantity, quality or delivery schedules that may result in cost savings.
- Requests and analyzes quotes to ensure reasonable price and that items meet company design and specification.
- Report all problem areas that might delay the proper carrying out of assigned duties.
- Process weekly ERP action messages to release and to manage open Purchase Orders
- Resolve quality issues related to parts assigned to portfolio
- Source new suppliers and rationalise existing source of supply
- Negotiate annual supply agreements, blanket orders and letters of intent
- Work closely with engineering, quality, planning, manufacturing and suppliers to ensure a continuous flow of material without delays
- Negotiate long-term contracts with vendors for total cost reduction.
- Entering and updating of purchase lead times.
- Establish the production planning together with the master scheduler.
- Verify data accuracy (parts numbers, BOMs, Part Costs) in ERP: report problems to document control.
- Generate correct and timely purchase orders to meet demand.
SKILLS AND QUALIFICATION
- Minimum 3 years of Procurement experience in a high-technology manufacturing environment (Electronics Industry)
- Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical Engineering, Electronics, Commerce or similar
- Strong computer skills, especially with Microsoft Office (Excel, Word).
- Perform procurement planning with an MRP/ERP system
- Purchasing experience in at least 3 of the following products: Printed Circuit Boards (PCBs), , Electronic components
- Strong skills in negotiation and persuasion
- Strong customer oriented attitude
- Ability to work with and interact with various functional groups within/outside of the organization