SpaceBridge is currently looking for a PSO Engineering to join our team in Montreal, Quebec. The chosen candidate will be responsible for the maintenance and troubleshooting support to our Hub Customers, integration and testing of our hub products, and validation support for new products and features.
- Customer Support Staff is responsible for all aspects of the customer support from the time that a hub is accepted by the customer and while a valid maintenance contract is in place.
- Lead the field integration and checkout testing of each system at the customer’s site.
- Act as a front-line engineering person on the customer’s site during the field installation. While on site, both classroom and hands on training would be provided to customer
- For major problems the intervention is to be provided on an emergency basis. For system upgrades of software firmware loads or reconfigurations of the equipment, appointments will be made with the customer. The customer support person will also periodically contact customers to ascertain the proper functioning of the hub and understand any difficulties or suggestions that are provided.
- Prompt response to customer service calls, performing a diagnostic review of the problem and providing intervention.
- Maintain a database of service calls and responses, provide written reports on major issues, and update the Problem Report (PR) database for problems that need to be referred to engineering for corrective action.
- Maintain current knowledge of the deployed systems and as required receive training in order to stay current with product.
- Interact with the customers to assess if they need upgrades to their hubs and help identify the possible upgrades working the Product group.
- Review the system level design for each specific project. Once the system has been built and preconfigured to spec, the incumbent will then be responsible for the completion of the overall system configuration (to customer frequency plan), debug any system problems and complete the Factory Acceptance Testing.
- Lead numerous technical projects related to the SpaceBridge VSAT product line.
Skills & Qualifications
- Bachelor Degree or equivalent (preferably in Engineering)
- Minimum 5 years of experience in a similar position
- Availability to travel worldwide
- Strong verbal and written communication skills in English
- Knowledge and experience in satellite communications and radio engineering
- Must be able to work on shift work as required in order to support customer on a 24/7 basis
- Expert level knowledge of IP, TCP, and UDP is required
- Expert level knowledge of VPN and including IPSEC, and GRE
- Expert level knowledge of routing and routing protocols