We are currently seeking a dynamic candidate to fill the role of R&D Project Manager. The chosen incumbent will ensure successful planning, execution, monitoring, control and closure of a project. This will be accomplished by monitoring and coordinating the activities of a cross-functional team in order to deliver projects according to plan.
- Develop project plans and budgets.
- Prepare detailed scheduling, targets, and resource planning for R&D and Engineering Projects.
- Define project scope, goals and deliverables that support business goals in accordance with management and stakeholders.
- Ongoing communication, coordination and follow up with engineering/project managers on project progress; tracking and monitoring project milestones and deliverables.
- Track project deliverables and milestones using project management tools and escalating critical issues to minimize project risk factors.
- Weekly reporting of project progress, issues, and delays to PMO.
- Assess the risks and propose mitigation plans.
- Identify and manage project dependencies and critical path.
- Define project performance criteria.
- Monitor cost/schedule performance throughout the project.
- Develop any business relationships required for the success of the project.
- Communication and follow up with sub-contractors and vendors to establish cordial/effective working relationship.
- Meet project milestones from a cost and schedule perspective.
- Chair review meetings with customers and subcontractors.
- Establish and maintain program master schedules.
- Manage scope and recommend adjustments to plan. Negotiate change of scope with customers.
SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS
- Bachelor Degree or equivalent (preferably in Engineering)
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in technical Product and/or Project management
- PMP certification or equivalent experience
- First-hand knowledge of all aspects of the hardware & software development process;
- Knowledge of satellite communications is an asset
- Ability to coordinate and communicate with cross-functional teams on multi-disciplinary projects.
- Strong interpersonal and leadership skills – persuasive, encouraging, motivating and team-oriented.
- Possesses critical thinking, conforming to shifting priorities, demands and timelines through analytical and problem-solving capabilities in a high-pressure environment is crucial;
- Strong technical skills (asset) with an ability to quickly assimilate new ideas and concepts;
- Highly proficient with MS Project and MS Office