SpaceBridge Inc. is currently seeking a dynamic sales hunter to fill the position of Regional Director of Sales – APAC. The Regional Director of Sales has primary responsibility to build a sustainable and ever growing level of business, driving sales in a designated regional territory for our state of the art Broadband Satellite Networks product lines including VSAT Satellite Networks, VSAT Modems for various verticals, satellite modems (SCPC,MCPC, DVBS2X),and the associated services
This position contains a large element of developing new vertical markets and customer segments which is done by understanding client needs and developing solutions to cater to these needs. To maximize output, it will be important to work closely with the internal product/ Program Management team that will provide sales engineering solutions, opportunity research, marketing support, and product and solutions strategy. The position will require extensive travel within the region to work with existing partners, distributors as well as establish new market customers and new channels where need be. Setting up, supporting and driving new customers and channel partners will be a key element to success.
- Identify, address and develop new opportunities for sales in a geographic region.
- Understand customer requirements in targeted vertical markets.
- Maintains responsibility for maintaining long term relationship with SpaceBridge’ Key Accounts and maximizing sales opportunities
- Be able to generate and develop turn-key solutions opportunities for these customers.
- Support and develop existing sales channels in combination with developing new business or alternative market channels where need be.
- Develop & strengthen market share, revenue, and sales growth within assigned geography.
- Maintain profound forecast and pipeline
- Achieve sales goals while maintaining overall company objectives such as profit margin and forecast accuracy objectives (annually and quarterly).
- Monitor competitive activity and provide feedback to management.
- Travel Requirements: Minimum of 50% international travels.
SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS:
- Bachelor in Science Electrical Engineering or Computer Science, Master in Business, Marketing or Engineering.
- Previous sales experience is preferred +7 years in the designated territory as a minimum
- Proven ability in sales and business development in the telecommunications industry
- Familiarity with Broadband Satellite Networks /Service Providers- ISP / Telco’s and MNO’s carriers – experience and relationship is a definite plus
- Previous experience selling to cellular GSM operators is a definite plus.
- A familiarity with LAN/WAN architecture, mobile carriers architecture and networking devices is a definite plus
- Knowledge and experience in Business Development
- Track record of selling communication solutions
- Ability to demonstrate Satellite communication Innovation unique value proposition at various levels within an organization for commercial and government and defense customers
- Understanding of different sales channel models as well as selling directly to end customer
- Understanding of and ability to use and develop innovative financial / business models to develop solutions and services sales rather than pure product sell, selling managed services
- Strong ability to execute sales objectives and develop new prospects
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Ability to communicate in such a way to influence management, peers, and customers, Strong ability to deliver meaningful presentations and convey technical information at all levels. Ability to positively influence customers and project / design teams.
- Ability to be successful in a multi-cultural environment
- Ability to work independently and make things happen.
- Team leader with effective time management skills and the ability to responsibly manage other sales/engineering resource time
- Ability to develop relationships and demonstrate value at many different levels within a customer organization to include C level as well as technical leaders, develop and maintain a large scale value added networking and contacts