- Analyze and report to CFO and Senior Leadership Team on monthly and quarterly business results to assess business performance and make recommendations for improvement and financial corporate strategies.
- Ensure the analysis of financial statements including account reconciliations and variance analysis/cash flows and “what if” scenarios to provide specific tactical and strategic advice and direction.
- Lead business planning process including annual operating plan and annual/quarterly forecast and product costing. Preparing financial reports, budgets, and cost reports on a regular basis. Supervise banking conciliations.
- Provide leadership in the relationship with external financial partners and communities.
- Provides leadership to internal customers with respect to financial issues: proposals and operational strategies.
- Restructuring to optimize the accounting function. Strategies to effectively manage working capital, treasury, and FX exposure.
- Partner with functional leaders in establishing budgets and driving cross-functional initiatives to constantly improve financial performance; working with company managers to establish/monitor and act on key operating ratios along.
- Improve standards of reporting, as well as accounting records, activities, and controls.
- Ensure ongoing analysis of the business direction and operations. Identifying risk areas and recommending/taking measures to implement corrective actions and maintain safeguards.
- Manage the Advantech Finance/Accounting team, including hiring, training and development, performance management, motivation, and retention of staff.
- Manage annual accounting and tax audits and quarterly reviews conducted by third-party auditors to ensure timely and on-budget completion.
- Maintain accurate product costing/pricing. Establish the cost of finished goods using OH cost, labor, and raw materials.
- Provide periodic financial and operating management reports on a timely basis.
- Identify and implement requisite controls, internal audits, and accounting procedures to support the financial system, operational processes, and procedures to increase productivity.
- Coordinate Annual Physical Inventory and Cycle Count Activities.
- Being the link with the IT department for accounting applications.
Skills and Qualification
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Accounting or Finance; MBA and/or CA
- 7-10 years of progressive financial leadership experience in manufacturing and worldwide sales; comprehensive knowledge of GAAP (including IFRS), and regulatory requirements
- Excellent knowledge of costing.
- Accounting designation with relevant industry experience.
- Experience in the Telecommunication industry and/or manufacturing environment.
- Held a senior finance position for a minimum of 5 years
- Strong communications skills including clear and concise presentation skills
- Strong leadership skills in a dynamic, customer-centric environment
- Proven success in analyzing business operations with positive bottom-line impact is mandatory
- Proven success in leadership roles to lead a competent existing team with excellent work organization
- Energetic and inquisitive: self-starter and creative approach to your work
- Take charge personality, professional ethics, critical and analytic mindset
- Flexible and team-oriented
Job Category: accounting
Job Type: Full Time
Job Location: Montreal