SpaceBridge Inc. as a satellite system-solution provider (Baseband systems and Terminals) provides a unique environment for talented and ambitious people who like to walk on the edge of IT and Telecommunication technology.
A Systems Design Engineer, Majoring in Physical and Datalink layers, who will join a new “Startup like” effort in a cutting edge emerging technology and be part of a multi-national team of highly qualified, dedicated individuals focusing on developing a technology that will become a game-changer in satellite communication networks.
A Systems engineering Lead shall be capable of leading a team of system engineers in order to do research and provide architecture, design, and specification for new features as well as new systems such as HTS and LEO satellites for physical and datalink layers. The incumbent shall also work actively as a system engineering in parallel with team-leading activities. Willing to work in a lab environment as well as having a passion of being innovative and creative are two major factors to success.
Knowledge and Experience:
- Satellite-Wireless communication systems at physical layer (transmission/reception, antennas, modulation/coding, propagation etc), and link layer (resource management/control, address resolution, signaling, encapsulation …). Knowledge of DVB-RCS/RCS2, DVB-S2/S2X standards is an asset.
- Familiarity with Cellular backhauling concepts/design/implementation. Knowledge of the other types of wireless technologies is an asset.
- Understanding of satellite mobility requirements
- Close familiarity with various IP networking aspects (network/transport protocols, performance enhancement protocols [PEP], Quality of Service [QoS], etc).
- Understanding the behavior of network protocols in a satellite network environment (latency, jitter)
- Working in telecommunication lab with test equipment
- Knowledge of Security and Encryption techniques and mechanism (Comsec – Transec) – an asset
- Close familiarity with FPGA and DSP design
- EMS/NMS, OSS/BSS, Accounting/Billing systems – an asset
Skills & Qualifications
- Having personal Leading character and capacity to lead a small but talented and interactive team.
- Being able to provide useful reports and analysis to the department manager.
- Networking, Telecommunication, Electronics Engineer or other related fields of study (B.Sc. -M.Sc. – Ph.D.)
- At least 5 years experience in relevant fields.
- Strong Lab R&D and Integration enthusiasm and capability.
- Strive for continuous improvement of product and system.
- Self-motivated, Self-trained, and enthusiastic for research and invention, who can work with minimal supervision.
- Strong technical writing and presentation skills in English.
- Good interpersonal and communication skills in English.