SpaceBridge Inc. as a satellite system-solution provider (Baseband systems and Terminals) provides a unique environment for talented and ambitious people who like to walk on the edge of the IT and Telecommunication technology.
A Technology research and innovation Engineer, focusing on Satellite, IT and Communication technologies, who will join a new “Startup like” effort in a cutting edge emerging technology and be part of a multi-national team of highly qualified, dedicated individuals focusing on developing a technology that will become a game-changer in satellite communication networks.
The incumbent shall be capable of doing extensive research and providing reports, analysis, algorithms and proposals as well as innovative ideas and solutions. The criteria are HTS and LEO satellite systems focusing on ground segment. Willing to work in Lab environment as well as having passion of being innovative and creative are two major factors to success.
Knowledge and Experience:
- Satellite-Wireless communication systems at physical layer (transmission/reception, antennas, modulation/coding, propagation etc), and link layer (resource management/control, address resolution, signaling, encapsulation …). Knowledge of DVB-RCS/RCS2, DVB-S2/S2X standards.
- Strong knowledge of different satellite orbits, constellations and technologies.
- Familiarity with Satellite RF section including antennas and Transceivers including phased array antennas – as asset
- Close Familiarity with concepts such as AI, IoT, VANET, MEC, NFV, Cloud Computing, machine Learning, Virtualization, Digitization …
- Familiarity with Network Fundamentals, Routing, Switching, MetroEthernet (MEF3.0), SDN, Cisco equipment (various classes) – an asset
- Knowledge of Cellular backhauling concepts/design/implementation. Knowledge of the other types of wireless technologies – an asset.
- Understanding of satellite mobility requirements.
- Knowledge of various IP networking aspects (network/transport protocols, performance enhancement protocols [PEP], Quality of Service [QoS], etc) – an asset
- Understanding the behavior of network protocols in a satellite network environment (latency, jitter)
- Working in telecommunication lab with test equipment – as asset
- Knowledge of Security and Encryption techniques and mechanism – an asset
- EMS/NMS, OSS/BSS, Accounting/Billing systems – an asset
- Experience in generating technical material for proposals – strong asset
Skills & Qualifications
- Telecommunication, Electronics Engineer, Computer or other related fields of study (B.Sc.-M.Sc.- PhD.)
- Willing to learn and grow in Satellite industry
- Being able to provide useful reports and analysis to the department manager.
- Experience in relevant fields.
- Strong Lab R&D and Integration enthusiasm and capability.
- Strive for continuous improvement of product and system.
- Self-motivated, Self-trained and enthusiastic for research and invention, who can work with minimal supervision.
- Strong technical writing and presentation skills in English.
- Good interpersonal and communication skills in English.