We are currently seeking a Verification and Validation Specialist to join our team in Montreal, QC. In this position, the incumbent plays a crucial role in the product development process and contributes to bringing product quality upstream to ensure releases are meeting specifications. He or she is responsible for designing and executing test cases and will also develop automation tests to help improve the test stations.
- Interact with the system, software, and hardware development teams, product owners, and other stakeholders to develop a strong understanding of the product and the testing objectives.
- Implement and lead the testing strategy/planning (integration, functional, performance).
- Design and document test plans, test procedures, test cases, and the verification matrix as required by the project.
- Provide clear and concise test reports for product releases and as required.
- Design and maintain the testing environment.
- Develop and run automated scripts for both functionality and performance testing of the product(s), and to help the development teams in their efforts.
- Participate in design reviews and ensure design requirements are testable.
- Actively participate in team progress meetings (such as scrum) and provide systems and testing-related feedback to guide the development.
- Provide assistance to the development teams for their lab setups.
- Troubleshoot test failures, analyze root causes, and assist the development team to help them fix the issues.
- Communicate clearly on critical issues and provide status updates in a timely manner
SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS
- Bachelor’s Degree in Networking, Telecommunication, Electronics, Computer, or IT engineering
- Minimum 2 years’ experience in a verification and validation role.
- Strong Lab R&D with equipment Integration capabilities.
- Familiar with R&D concepts and capable of working with test tools and in a lab environment.
- Self-motivated, self-trained, and enthusiastic for research and invention, who can work with minimal supervision.
- Strong technical writing and presentation skills.
- Good interpersonal and communication skills in English, strong command of French is a definite asset.
- Familiar with working in an agile environment and with software project management tools (Jira).
- Solid experience in test automation and continuous integration.
- Solid experience in functional and performance testing.
- Various IP networking aspects (network/transport protocols, Quality of Service, etc).
- Network technologies such as TCP/IP, Routing (RIP, OSPF, BGP), MPLS, GRE, IPSec, VoIP (SIP, H323), 802.1PQ, STP, Cisco devices, and firmware.
- Experience with network management systems and database manipulation.
- Well-versed in a Linux OS environment.
- Familiarity with satellite communication systems at the physical layer (transmission/reception, antennas, modulation/coding, propagation, etc), and link layer (resource management/control, address resolution, signaling). Knowledge of DVB-RCS/RCS2, DVB-S2/S2X standards is a definite asset.