Satcom On The Move – SOTM
Firstly, the use of wide band satellite frequencies (C, Ku, X, Ka) to provide high bandwidth services to earth station antennas that can continuously track satellites and maintain communications links while in motion has opened up new markets for SATCOMS On-the-Move (SOTM) applications on land, at sea, and in the air. In addition, new generations of satellites, including Ka-band High Throughput Satellite (HTS) systems, with more global coverage and bandwidth, and the power to deliver greater capacity to smaller terminals, make mobility OTM and OTP services more practical and affordable than ever. Additionally, SpaceBridge products provide solutions to a variety of industry requirements for SOTM and OTP terminals.
Moreover, today’s SATCOMS On-the-Move (OTM) ground systems provide high bandwidth communications to in-motion antenna terminals mounted on moving vehicles in a variety of market segments, from land-mobile to maritime, to air, including:
- Military and Homeland Security networks
- As well as, emergency response networks
- Also, airborne communications
- Passenger broadband services: For example, maritime cruise, aero, rail, and bus lines.
- Maritime mobility: For example, commercial shipping, offshore energy, cruise, and leisure vessel communications.
- As well as, land and maritime fleet asset, freight, and logistics management.