2G Cellular Networks
For mobile network operators to gain the business advantages of satellite backhaul in 2G networks, the satellite solution needs to:
- Optimize space segment usage – a key recurring cost
- Maximize efficiency/minimize overhead in A-bis E-1 backhaul links from Base Stations.
- Fully integrate with cellular Base Stations vendors to optimize Jitter, delay and Synchronization between the Base Transceiver Station (BTS) and the BSC (Base Station Controller).
- Integrate easily into complex mobile networks, with multiple standards.
ASAT™ Ultimate Series VSAT System: 2G Backhaul Solutions
SpaceBridge ASAT™ VSAT Hubs and satellite terminals (U7400-C2) integrate 2G networking optimized modems to provide an end-to-end satellite networking solution that reduces the costs for deployment and operation.Read More..
The SpaceBridge ASAT ™ system is perfectly suited for:
- Extending Cellular and Wireless coverage into ex-urban, rural or remote areas
- Backup of terrestrial backhaul links
- Disaster Recovery and special event capacity
- Delivering extra capacity for peak-hour traffic overflow, for example, to offload overflow traffic off saturated microwave backhaul paths.
For 2G cellular network backhaul, the SpaceBridge U7400-C2 VSAT modem, integrates 1xE-1, 2xE-1 and 4xE-1 satellite A-bis link optimization to maximize backhaul bandwidth in a cost-effective package. it also enables full synchronization between the BSC and the BTS.
ASAT™ offers a superior satellite backhaul network solution for meeting key challenges faced by rural networks, where an affordable solution is essential due to lower ARPUs (average revenue per user).
Maximizing Satellite Efficiency: the WaveSwitch™ Advantage
By dynamically switching between SCPC and MF-TDMA real time waveforms and multiple access methods, SpaceBridge WaveSwitch™ optimizes satellite capacity usage – saving costs. The SpaceBridge WaveSwitch™ is designed to address the challenge of delivering end-user Quality of Service (QoS) in heavily or fully-subscribed cellular networks during peak traffic, while dramatically saving satellite costs.
By reducing the cost of ownership, SpaceBridge’s WaveSwitch™ allows business cases to close at lower thresholds.